1. The upper case alphabet out of sequence or mixed up.В Kids will be asked to name the letters listed, such as: B, D, X, K, J, M, O, etc.
2. The numbers to 10, out of sequence or mixed up.В Kids will be asked to name the letters, listed, such as:В 2, 5, 9, 8, 1, 3, 4, etc.
3. Kids will be asked to identify basic colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple
4. Kids will be asked to identify basic shapes: circle, diamond, rectangle, triangle, oval and square
5. Kids will be asked to identify basic coins: penny, nickel and dime
6. Counting objects to 10
7. How far they can count to 100
As the year progresses, KindergartenerвЂ™s will need to know both upper and lower case letters and numbers to 30, out of sequence.В More colors and shapes will be added including hexagon and octagon and more coins such as quarter and dollar.В Children need to know their name, address and phone number and be able to get dressed for outside play and use the bathroom independently, to make that first year a success!
2008 Copyright Stacey Kannenberg, Cedar Valley Publishing, Author of LetвЂ™s Get Ready For Kindergarten and LetвЂ™s Get Ready For First Grade!