Renowned media consultant and author David Mathison has assembled a who’s who of new media experts and compiled this essential guide to the “personal media renaissance.”
Until recently, publishing books, music and film required years of education and the expensive assistance of publishers, labels, studios, distributors and lawyers.
Today, artists can leverage low-cost tools and new methods of distribution to connect with their audience directly, and keep more of their royalties and rights.
This book covers everything from how to blog and podcast to the ins-and-outs of social networking and internet syndication. Specific chapters help authors, musicians, filmmakers, and journalists.
Pre-Buy BE THE MEDIA right now-estimated shipping March 31st, and you’ll gain access to the “Blockbuster Media Success” package with $10,000 in BONUS GIFTS provided by over 100 media experts:
I’ve always wondered why some artists and businesspeople make a fortune, while others struggle financially.
I’d sure like to know how to boost my business, spread my message to more people, and earn a lot more money based on my expertise, products, or services – without a lot of work or expense.
And I bet you would too!
Well, I have great news. Here’s a book that tells you how to market yourself like a media pro…
Renowned author and media consultant David Mathison has brought together over fifty media experts, educators, and activists in his new book, BE THE MEDIA. The 500+ page book shows the latest and greatest ways to market and sell your books, music, films, information products and services.
“Loaded with practical advice, this book is a must-read.”
– Phil Donahue, former TV talk show host
The contributors are a who’s who in media-related fields – from insanely famous best-sellers, to internet marketers quietly generating high six and seven-figure annual incomes without appearing on Oprah or hitting the best seller lists. Everyone from Wired co-founder Kevin Kelly, to Janet Switzer, Alex Mandossian, Bob Baker, and craigslist’s Craig Newmark is included.
This book has something for everyone: From the 1.2 million self-employed people to small business owners, from authors to filmmakers, rock bands to bloggers, talk show hosts to podcasters, you’ll find everything you need to go from concept to consumer, from inspiration to inbox with your message or products.
In one single volume, BE THE MEDIA includes 23 chapters on all conceivable media fields. Every aspect of media is covered, with details, resources, and suggestions you simply won’t find anywhere else.
In other words, it’s a terrific handbook for promoting your business, your cause, or your products with the same level of professionalism a publicist might employ.
“BE THE MEDIA is the best overall resource to help you build out your platform.”
– Rick Frishman: Publicist. Publisher, Morgan James Publishing
In BE THE MEDIA, you will learn how to:
- Self-publish your book, music, film, podcast, or blog, leverage internet syndication, learn licensing, how to create radio and television shows, and promote on social networks
- Control your future by developing multiple streams of income from diversified sources
- Earn income while you sleep, vacation, or work your full-time job
- Apply techniques on a part or full-time basis, from your home, office, or hotel room
- Deploy surprisingly easy strategies to get massive publicity and tons of media exposure
- Discover simple things you can immediately do to dramatically increase the profit you make from your products and services
“BE THE MEDIA reveals the secrets.”
– Dan Poynter: Publisher, The Self-Publishing Manual
Order BE THE MEDIA now, and get FR.EE access to three one-hour teleclasses that will teach you exactly how to market yourself like a media pro (a $1,000 value). Mathison’s fr.ee classes will teach you how to build your list, market, and promote using:
1.В В В В В Social Media: Learn how Mathison pre-sold 5,000+ books on Twitter, was offered a Board position on a major social network for entrepreneurs using LinkedIn, and secured a slot on the radio dial with a major network through Facebook ($300 value)
2.В В В В В List Building: How you can build your list and earn more money ($300 value)
3.В В В В В Syndication: How to increase your reach, diversify revenue streams ($300 value)
But wait. There is even more!
Buy BE THE MEDIA right now, and you’ll also have access to the “Blockbuster Media Success” package with $10,000 in BONUS GIFTS provided by over 100 media experts, including:
- Rebbekah White: My Time Cannot Always Be Your Time-The Wife, The Mother, The Woman (27.00 value)
- Warren Whitlock: Self-promotion secrets of the super successful ($47 value)
- Joan Stewart: How to be an expert spokesperson the media love ($39.95 value)
- Bob Baker: Indie Music Marketing Secrets ($27 value)
- Susan Harrow: Get top TV producers to book you ($19.95 value)
- PitchRate.com: Moves you to the front of the line for media coverage (free)
You have to check these gifts out – you will be amazed!
All told, BE THE MEDIA and the fr.ee Blockbuster Media Success package gives you access to over 150 media experts and $10,000 in gifts and tips.
ALL FOR JUST $34.95. Pre-Buy now-estimated shipping date March 31, 2009
But you’ll need to ACT FAST. The fr.ee bonus gifts in the Blockbuster Media Success package are only valid for a LIMITED TIME. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity.
This book is available EXCLUSIVELY online at the link below – you cannot get the book through Amazon or other resellers.
Order BE THE MEDIA and access your Blockbuster Media Success package NOW: http://www.bethemedia.com .
You will be glad you did!
Rebbekah White and Buffy Lauer
PS: David is so confident that you will be satisfied with BE THE MEDIA that he is offering a 60-day MONEY BACK GUARANTEE of the $34.95 purchase price. So, you have NOTHING TO LOSE!
PSS: Consider buying a few copies for family members, friends, colleagues, schools, educators, students, libraries, journalists, community leaders, and policymakers. It is already being used as a primary textbook for media production, media literacy, and media education courses in major schools.
Donate a copy, or forward this note on to your friends. They will LOVE you for it!
“BE THE MEDIA shows how to spread ideas without the traditional massive presses, major networks and commercial studios.”
– Ben H. Bagdikian: Author, The New Media Monopoly; Pulitzer prize-winning journalist; Dean Emeritus, Graduate School of Journalism at the University of California, Berkeley
“BE THE MEDIA includes a mind-boggling collection of essays by people on the front lines of producing independent media. Since we are rapidly on our way to a point where that could include just about everyone, this is a book everyone needs to read.”
– Robert McChesney: Professor, bestselling author, co-founder and chair, FreePress.net
“This book should be called ‘BE BETTER THAN THE MEDIA.‘ It tells readers how to realize that dream radio program, published book, or independent movie. It doesn’t tell you how to break in – but how to break out. And it does it in the voices of those who have done it.”
– Adair Lara: Award-winning columnist, San Francisco Chronicle. Author of five books, including “Hold Me Close, Let Me Go” and “Normal is Just A Setting on the Dryer”
“BE THE MEDIA’s chapter on Licensing alone is worth the price of the book.”
– Steven Ekstract: Group Publisher, License! Global magazine
“Like the author himself, BE THE MEDIA is a unique and vital source of information, experience, and analysis that helps us to empower ourselves. Moving beyond the roles of media consumers who ingest what’s dished out from on-high, those who take this book to heart and mind will gain essential tools and understanding for the struggles ahead — to create media that enliven and democratize instead of numbing and stultifying. If we can learn to “be the media,” the process will move us far down the road toward a society where public discourse and governance is truly of, by, and for the people.”
– Norman Solomon: Author; nationally syndicated columnist; Executive Director, Institute for Public Accuracy
“David Mathison’s BE THE MEDIA is a compendium of essential knowledge anyone trying to operate in the current media environment simply must have.В It is smart, thorough and entertaining.В I wish I had it when I started to plan the promotion of my first book.”
– Cliff Schecter: Political Columnist, The Guardian.
“Author-Publisher David Mathison has done his homework, and I expect BE THE MEDIA to sell very well.”
– Al Canton: President, Adams-Blake Company, Inc. (Creator, Jaya123)
“BE THE MEDIA is one-stop shopping for any information you will need to publish your own book, produce your own radio show, or make your own film. At long last there is one comprehensive, state-of-the-art guide that includes all the information you will need to be an independent media producer by leaders in each media field. Thank you to David Mathison for this remarkable, enlightening and very timely book.”
– Kimberly Weichel: Co-founder, Our Media Voice; Radio & TV producer; Author; Educator
вЂњHow can we the media вЂconsumersвЂ™ BE THE MEDIA? Reading this remarkable collection of reports from the frontlines of the citizen media reform movement is an indispensable first step. Next, if you still donвЂ™t like the news, make some yourself!вЂќ
– Rory OвЂ™Connor: President and CEO of Globalvision, Inc, an independent international media firm. Award-winning documentary filmmaker and journalist
Pre-Buy BE THE MEDIA right now-estimated shipping date March 31, 2009, and you’ll gain access to the “Blockbuster Media Success” package with $10,000 in BONUS GIFTS provided by over 100 media experts: